Head Chef Role
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and passionate head chef to join our team.
As head chef, you will run the back-of-house. You will manage the daily operations of the kitchen, oversee the kitchen staff to ensure that the highest quality of cuisine is served to our guests, and ensure that all food and labor cost goals are met.
We are offering an excellent salary. Food and accommodation is provided. Permanent contract with a minimum 1 year commitment from April 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and cleanup
- Assign tasks; supervise chefs and cooks in the preparation and presentation of food
- Maintain control of the kitchen to ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Resolve issues as they arise so that customers continue to receive their orders in a timely manner
- Make sure that all kitchen and wait staff adhere to food safety and hygiene regulations to ensure a clean and sanitary kitchen
- Plan menus and set prices making adjustments as needed based on the availability of ingredients
- Inspect raw and cooked food items to guarantee that the highest quality products are prepared and served to customers
- Collaborate with the general manager and owner to align kitchen operations with the overarching goals of the establishment
- Direct monthly inventory
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Recruit, hire, and train chefs, cooks, and kitchen staff
- Maintain kitchen equipment; schedule repairs and additional maintenance as needed
Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate degree in culinary arts preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a back-of-house management position
- Significant experience as a chef, in addition to experience as a sous chef or line cook
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations
- Ability to remain productive whilst priortizing many conflicting demands.